Mission Analytics Group, Inc. is a new, non-advocacy policy consulting company based in San Francisco. We seek a smart, highly motivated undergraduate or graduate student to help our over-booked team this summer. This paid intern position can be structured to meet the abilities and interests of the selected candidate, but will focus in the areas of developmental disabilities, long-term care, HIV/AIDS or family services. The intern will work with an established team of researchers and analysts. Example responsibilities include statistical programming and data analysis, web-based research, literature review, proposal writing, and development of tables and reports. Skills in other areas such as website design (Drupal highly desirable), graphic design, copy-editing, or geographic information systems (GIS) are highly desirable.
- Coursework in economics, statistics, public policy, biostatistics, public health, or related subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Background in one or more of the following areas: social services for children and youth, developmental disabilities, aging, Medicaid-funded long-term care (institutional and/or community-based)
- Experience in policy research and evaluation or prior work in government
- Experience in statistical programming using SAS or Stata