Internships Available with Representative Nancy Pelosi, House Democratic Leader
The District Office of Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi seeks competent, passionate, personable college students and recent college graduates for the Internship program for the Fall Semester 2012. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi's internship program offers the unique opportunity to learn about the functions of the House of Representatives, the Congresswoman's work in representing the City of San Francisco, and her role as the House Democratic Leader.
· Excellent communication skills including written and verbal
· Knowledge of and experience with various computer programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Attention to detail and an ability to complete tasks efficiently and thoroughly
· An interest in policy issues and government
Selected Intern Duties:
· Office administrative support which includes greeting constituents, answering phones, sorting mail, data entry, organizing press clips and assisting staff with front desk/reception duties
· Assisting staff in planning press conferences and community events
· Researching and drafting responses for office correspondenceWhile the internship is unpaid, Congresswoman Pelosi supports students requesting credit for their internship through their school or university. Applicants should be punctual, organized, and flexible as tasks and environments vary.
Please complete the online internship application and fax a writing sample to 415-861-1670. Online application: http://pelosi.house.gov/youth/internships.shtml
Location: San Francisco Federal Building 90 7th Street, Suite 2-800, San Francisco, CA.
Times: Flexible, based on intern’s availability - Monday-Friday, 10:00a.m. to 5:30 p.m.